$327 in AMEX Cash Back Thus Far

by Kevin on May 1, 2008

Blue Cash® from American Express®Thanks to our American Express Blue Cash Card, we’ve earned $327 in cash back so far this card year. The card year is dependent on when you signed up for the card, so ours runs August-July. Last year we earned over $430 just by using our card as we would a debit card.

This is why I believe in credit cards. They are a tool. They can be misused.

We don’t pay an annual fee. We don’t carry a balance. And we get cash back from 1-5%.

But you tell me… would you like to have essentially a free $327?

I think we all would. Feel free to correct me.

{ 1 trackback }

Sharing Accounts to Maximize Cash Back and Interest Earnings | Our Fourpence Worth
May 4, 2008 at 11:03 am

Mike May 1, 2008 at 8:26 pm

No corrections here. 🙂

Fiscal Musings May 1, 2008 at 9:14 pm

I’ve been thinking about getting this card. I use another rewards card currently that used to have 5% on gas and groceries, but they’ve since downgraded to 2% on those items.

MyMoneyAdventure May 1, 2008 at 10:01 pm

I agree! I use my citi card to help pay off my student loan! So far, about 220 in 3 months!!

Penelope @ Our Fourpence Worth May 2, 2008 at 3:02 am

My sister and I have this card too (we share an account) and we use it everywhere AMEX is accepted. I even used it to purchase a single postage stamp once. Every little bit adds up.

We earned $316 last year. But I we’re earning a lot less this year (so far only $78 since July or August) because we’ve cut out almost all non-necessity spendings.

PlasticRewards May 2, 2008 at 7:08 pm

I have read about several people who earn more than $1,000 a year with this credit card. The Blue Cash from American Express is by far one of the best cash back credit cards available. Hopefully, they won’t be changing the amount you can earn like so many other issuers have already done.

rick July 22, 2008 at 8:01 pm

same here. $403 so far. I even buy stuff for my work that i am reimbursed for and keep the 5% cash back.

Kevin July 23, 2008 at 7:51 pm

@Rick: Glad to hear it. We should be getting our rebate on our next statement — woohoo!