Upcoming Changes to No Debt Plan

by Kevin on July 5, 2008

Update 3: I think I’ve got the theme functioning enough to leave it up. Let me know if you see anything weird.

Update 2: I’ve had to put the new theme on hold. It worked fine on my test blog, but ran into some loading time kinks with Internet Explorer for No Debt Plan. As soon as the author puts out an update I should be able to switch.

UPDATE: THEME UPGRADE IN PROGRESS. PLEASE BE PATIENT!

Last night my wife and I rented The Bucket List featuring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. We had heard good things about, but didn’t read any reviews. We were expecting a funny comedy between the two. Quite to the contrary it was more serious than we anticipated. Not to say it wasn’t a great movie, it was. We really enjoyed it and it’s got my wheels turning for future blog posts. Always a plus.

Also, I’m currently working on a new blog theme that I plan to roll out sometime this month or maybe August 1st. I’ll probably get an itchy trigger finger and just put it up here sooner rather then later, so don’t be surprised if you visit and it looks different.

Keep enjoying your (hopefully) long weekend!

Philip July 5, 2008 at 12:04 pm

The Bucket List was really good I thought, as you said with Jack Nicholson you expect a comedy. But it really does get you thinking about the future and what you really want out of life. Basically I took it as a chance to think what I would want most if money were not an issue.

Look forward to your new layout. Hopefully it will start working for me to read it from the office.

Shel July 5, 2008 at 1:51 pm

Can you post a little bit about how great certificates of deposit are? They helped us out a ton. It’s simple: “Here, hold this. OK. Pay me!”
My favorite is the Liquid CD, which you can add money to over the months if you want to. Likewise, when you’re in need, you can draw some out after you’ve added it. Consistent minimum deposit = guaranteed return in the 1-2% interest range.

Shel July 5, 2008 at 1:53 pm

Oh, yeah, you don’t have to trust the credit card company to pay you back or wait for a check. You know the term and thus, when you’ll get paid. It’s ideal if you’ve bought all the big stuff you want for a while and just want to build savings back up.

Sorry for the incomplete thought. :/

Blake July 5, 2008 at 3:19 pm

Absolutely loved the Bucket List! The last scene was incredible…

Good luck on getting the new layout up and running. I know how tedious that can be!

Kevin July 5, 2008 at 10:10 pm

Thanks for the encouragement guys. It’s always something, right?

@Shel: I’ll be glad to tackle CDs. I think it depends on the interest rate on whether or not it ends up being worth it.

Patrick July 7, 2008 at 4:02 pm

I think I really need to see the Bucket List. I’ve heard it mentioned but haven’t had the chance to see it yet.

I like the new theme. 🙂