(Photo by soylentgreen23)
Welcome to the 6th (or Seis!) Edition of the Finance Fiesta. The Finance Fiesta aims to bring you high quality personal finance articles every week. This week I will be your host, but don’t take a siesta — next week Living Almost Large will be hosting.
If you would consider doing any of the following:
- subscribe to my blog via RSS or e-mail
- submit this Fiesta (or any other article, or my homepage) to a social media site like Stumble Upon
- link back to this Fiesta
…you would make me say “Muchos Gracias, Amigo/Amiga!”
Alrighty, for this Finance Fiesta I am changing it up a bit. There were a lot of submissions that didn’t really fit into a predetermined category. I’ll give you my editor’s picks, and then just list out all of the articles.
Editor’s Picks for No Debt Plan’s Finance Fiesta
- Sometimes you have to just grow a pair, and ask. posted at Budgets are Sexy.
Hilarious blog and post title took the cake for me.
- Tip Diva | Top Ten Tips – If Your Wallet Is Stolen posted at Tip Diva. Sorry to hear that Tip Diva!
- Re-balance Your Life-Work Balance. posted at The Wealth Hunter.
- Why There Is No Crossover Point posted at Funny about Money.
- Why Most Investors Don’t Make Money In The Stock Market posted at The Digerati Life.
Honorable Mentions for No Debt Plan’s Finance Fiesta
- Using the IRS as Your Bank posted at Ask the Tax Pro. A very interesting read that also left me kind of scratching my head, thinking, “They allow that?”
- Elements of a Job Promotion posted at Blueprint for Financial Prosperity.
Now for the rest of these high quality personal finance articles…
- Real Estate Inventories Falling? posted at Tallahassee Real Estate Blog. I found this article interesting because it comes straight from the horses mouth — an actual realtor.
- Fuel Efficient Cars: Rolling Around Free and Liberated | Personal Finance Analyst posted at Personal Finance Analyst. I’ve talked about the possibility of buying a scooter for my commute to work in the past. I’m all for greener transportation.
- Donâ€™t Gamble Your Safety Net posted at My Retirement Blog.
- Ditch The Credit Cards To Save Money posted at Debt Smackdown. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: credit cards are not the problem. Spending habits are the problem. Credit card abuse is the symptom.
- Gas station owners challenge credit card fees posted at Taking Charge. I’m thinking that really isn’t the main problem here, folks.
- Credit Card Debt After Death posted at Master Your Card. I actually linked back to this post on Monday with my weekend roundup. A very interesting read.
- Fuel Hedging in the Airline Industry – Calls and Collars posted at Economic Outlook. The tactics behind this stuff is really fascinating.
- Finances on Track? posted at LivingAlmostLarge. Always good to check!
- Excess Capital Loss Rules posted at Daily Money Hack. Carrying those losses forward or counting them against income can save you bundles of money.
- How to Master Money & Wealth | The Key to Financial Freedom posted at Anand Dhillon’s Self-Help Blog A great overview.
- Drawing on Your Retirement Funds posted at Physician Entrepreneur.
- Buying a Franchise – Do It The Right Way posted at The Shark Investor. I’ve gone back and forth about buying a franchise versus opening your own independent store in the past. Both have pros and cons.
- Signs of Financial Trouble posted at Personal Money Tips.
- Getting Unstuck posted at The Dangling Conversation.
- Applying For College Student Credit Cards posted at Money Blue Book: Personal Finance Blog. College students have shown poor judgment in the past, so encouraging them to apply for credit makes me nervous. However, if we could teach them to use it wisely, I’m all for that.
- Monopoly Game Expansion #4: Personal Credit Card Account posted at Our Fourpence Worth. A really cool idea over Our Fourpence Worth. Tell me, does it reduce the average game time from three days to a few hours?
- Frugal Baby Must Haves! posted at Living the Frugal Life.
That wraps it up. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed it. Get your submissions in for next week!