Have you put any thought into how you setup each of your days? Do you live life intentionally — I’m going to get X, Y, and Z done today? Or do you live life as it comes?
This is something I’ve been pondering lately. Is my daily schedule appropriate for what I want to achieve? Am I spending enough time with my wife? Am I putting enough effort into my MBA work?
Let’s take a look.
My Daily Routine:
This naturally varies from day to day. No day is exactly the same as the last for anyone — but general themes remain the same.
- Get up, put on outdoor clothes, take dog for a walk
- Return from walk, get ready for work, check e-mail, write post for No Debt Plan if I don’t have one already written for the day
- Chug my instant breakfast drink (faster, easier, nutritional)
- Leave for work
- Work all day, go to lunch meetings with clients
- Depending on the day, come home and have dinner with my wife then either relax, go to MBA class, play with the dog, work on household duties (cleaning up, budgeting, etc.), or work on school assignments.
- Sleep (usually not long enough).
That pretty much wraps up an average weekday for me. Could I tweak it to use my time better? Can we come up with a new system for handling household issues? One of our issues has been the simple fact of handling the mail. I usually bring it in when I get home from work. We have a “inbox” — good idea, right? The only problem is we wait a while to go through the pile of stuff in the inbox and throw out the crap. Not exactly a good system.
Can we improve our system? I’m not sure, but I’m putting more thought into it.
What about my readers? Do you guys plan out each day or just live it as it comes? Have you tried to change your routine in the past? Did it work, or did you fail? Come to the blog and leave a comment. This is something I’m really interested in.