Revealing the New No Debt Plan

by Kevin on April 25, 2009

The new theme is live on my blog — check it out! (Especially all of you RSS and e-mail subscribers. I want your feedback, too!)

I’m having some issues with Internet Explorer (seriously folks, please go download Firefox) that I am working on fixing. It has the Feedburner counter (showing all 850+ RSS readers) in the middle of the header. Looks really weird.

But hopefully everything else shows up normal for you.

Feedback of any kind is welcome as long as it is constructive. What do you think of the new theme?

Ben D. April 25, 2009 at 6:10 pm

For the top navbar, I would suggest adding a bit of ‘margin-bottom’ and maybe trying a few other typefaces in the navbar to see how they look. Also the underline on hover seems redundant, since the tab also changes color on hover.

Steve in Denmark April 26, 2009 at 5:22 am

Fab! You’ve even got some Danish adverts in there. You can tell ’em we can’t afford Lissabon this year though.

Claire at Choyster Cash April 26, 2009 at 8:11 am

Im really liking it. did you buy it at woo? or was it free? Id love to know what template!

Kimberly April 26, 2009 at 11:53 am

I like it.

(The orange and black reminds me of ING)

MLR April 26, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Ben —
Agreed on the margin.

Claire —
Seems to be Thesis.

Kevin —
Great work, I like it a lot!

Wojciech @ Fiscal Fizzle April 26, 2009 at 3:11 pm

Nice use of thesis, as well as good ad placement – they are well-placed but don’t seem like they’re “in your face” when you arrive.

Small question – how come there are two navbars – one at the very top right as well at the standard thesis navbar? It seems a little odd.

Kevin April 26, 2009 at 9:09 pm

@Ben D: Thanks for the comments. I did removed the underline after your suggestion.

@Steve: Thanks, and thank Google for the ads 🙂

@Claire: MLR is correct, it is an implementation of Thesis.

@Kim: Thanks!

@:MLR: Are you saying push the content/sidebars down a bit from the lower nav bar?

@Fiscal Fizzle: Thanks that is pretty much what I was going for! I went with two nav bars so the lower one could emphasize the things I really wanted to emphasize, while the other is more your typical about me, etc.

Corporate Barbarian April 27, 2009 at 11:46 am

Looks good, Kevin. Did you do the design changes yourself? I just switched from the default Word Press theme to Fusion, and I think it made a difference. I’ll have to try Thesis at some point in time.

ChristianPF April 29, 2009 at 8:45 am

Kevin,
I think it looks good – but for halloween, you should change your background to orange and you can make it look like a big pumpkin! 😉

Kate April 29, 2009 at 10:39 am

I thought it looked different! It’s been a while since I stopped by and I took a double take. The site looks great and very clean. Did you design it yourself or use a template? I would love to redesign my blog, which currently just uses a standard blogger template. I think it would be one of those “power of small” type changes that could make a real difference in my blog, too (that is, if I would actually update it!)

Alan @ Saving For Serenity April 29, 2009 at 11:17 pm

Hey Kevin,

The site looks good, btu I’ve got to say that in the comments section your writing definitely stands out – a fair bit too much. Its bright yellow and it hurts my eyes, I don’t want to look at it even though I want to read what you say. Perhaps you can make it a little less invading?

Otherwise, well done!