Alabama State Income Tax Refunds 2011

by Kevin on January 5, 2011

For the last few years I have had the unfortunate and annoying duty of sharing the status of my Alabama state tax refund.

For those of you that may have missed part of the saga, let me refresh your memory:

You see the great state of Alabama, like many states has not had a solid grasp of basic financial principles. They’ve spent (on government projects, employees, and the like) more than they’ve earned (in various taxes and federal subsidies).

As you might imagine this causes a problem.

Mixed in with this is the truly stumping fact that tax refund monies are put into the same pot as the educational funding monies.

Clever government, no? When tax refund money gets low you couldn’t possibly expect the poor state treasurer to go take money from the children, could you? The children! Think of the children! The children should come before your tax refund!

It’s a genius way of keeping the people at arm’s length without being held accountable for a lack of financial control. And for mixing two completely unrelated funding sources.

Alabama Not Alone in Tax Refund Problems

Sadly, Alabama is not the only state with these problems. The issue has popped up in California, Kansas, and many others. The state governments will say the financial recession hit them unexpectedly and they couldn’t possibly prepare for such scenarios.

I call their bluff. If my readers and I are smart enough to have an emergency fund then state governments should too. They should operate off of the previous tax year’s tax income. If income goes down, government spending should go down with it.

I wrote about Rhode Island’s refund delay problems last year. As frustrating as it must have been to wait on your refund at least Rhode Island did right by its citizens by paying a healthy rate of interest (3.25%) as compensation for the delay.

What Happens in 2011?

Will Alabama’s saga continue? With the economy in poor shape across the country will more states issue “IOUs” to their tax paying citizens? Only time will tell.

I will keep you up to date on the status in Alabama. We were lucky enough to move to a no income tax state at the very end of the year (woohoo!), so this should be the last year we have to mess with any significant income tax delays.

What Do You Prefer?

When it comes to paying state and federal income taxes, what is your preference?

Do you…

• prefer to pay too much into the system and get a massive refund check
  • prefer to pay less into the system and owe money at tax filing time

I’m a big believer in sticking to the middle of The Tax Return Spectrum. I prefer to get a small refund or pay a small amount into the system. Getting to either end of the spectrum means something is out of whack with your withholdings at work.

At the same time it is like chasing a moving target. There is no easy way to make sure you come in at exactly owing nothing and being owed nothing. The line is moving — and it’s moving with a lot of moving parts like interest income, tax deductions, your annual income, and so on. It makes it awfully difficult to come in right at zero both ways.

But we press on and try to make sure we don’t end up at either of the spectrum.

What about you?

{ 188 comments… read them below or add one }

Golfing Girl January 5, 2011 at 9:42 pm

My/our conservative nature always leads us to pay too much in and get a refund (it’s typically been around $1000 for the last several years). It would just make me sick to my stomach to receive a large tax bill.

Ron March 7, 2012 at 8:15 am

Why would ever lend the government your money for interest free? Can I borrow 1,000 for a year and just give it back to you in a year….please!!!

eric_wan January 10, 2011 at 10:59 am

ditto for us Kevin—we try to avoid writing checks OR having the gov’t hold too much of our $. Bit of a balancing act, but I’d rather have control of it vs. them. They are too short-sighted for my taste.

Jean January 31, 2011 at 10:00 am

After waiting several months for my several hundred dollar refund last year, I modified my withholdings at work to only take out the minimum for the state. I left the federal alone as they pay refund in an appropriate amount of time. Hopefully, when I file, I will get my federal refund in a couple of weeks like last year, and if I owe the state, I will mail it on April 15th.

GardnerUSMC February 2, 2011 at 4:19 pm

As this is the first year we are actually expecting a return from Alabama, I am frightened to see how long it will take for the refund to actually be issued. It was processed and verified on Jan. 18 yet their is no refund in site! I keep checking the ADOR website to see how many refunds have been issued and there haven’t been any new issuance of refunds since January 24! Looks like a repeat of last year if not worse!!!!

Roger February 16, 2011 at 9:16 am

Mine was verified/approved on 1/25/11 and as of this morning, 2/16/11, according to the state web site and my bank, it has not been paid. Shades of last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.. etc.

Brooke February 20, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Ditto everyone else. Mine was approved on January 28, and still no deposit. Just getting the ol “your refund has been approved and will be paid from the state education fund as funds become available”. We, too, moved to a no income tax state at the beginning of this year (FL) so we will still have to deal with AL for a month’s worth of work next year, and will be done after that.

Lisa February 23, 2011 at 9:25 pm

I filed my taxes on 1/22/11 – both fed and AL state via TurboTax. I filed itemized returns so I had to wait with all those people until 2/14/11 for the IRS to start processing them. AL refused to process their returns until the feds accepted. I got my fed refund today. I’m still waiting on AL. I had the same problem last year with AL. I don’t remember having an issue the year before.

JT February 24, 2011 at 2:10 pm

“Your refund was approved 1/31/2011. Refunds are issued from the Education Trust Fund as fund balances allow.”

JT February 28, 2011 at 9:15 am

Refund deposited on 2/25.

LPS March 17, 2011 at 10:35 am

My taxes were submitted on 2/16 and like everyone else I’m getting the same notice about refunds being issued when funds are available therefore I will be changing my deductions. I would rather owe them a little money and mail it on the very last day this is nuts!

I REALLY need my money so that I can get my bills caught up. :(

TC February 27, 2011 at 9:05 am

Refund approved 2/16/11. Same message as everyone else…last year I think it was April before I got me refund….I really need to adjust my W-4 for Alabama.

cajunbell March 3, 2011 at 7:31 am

I try to get back as little as possible or even write a check to them. I don’t like my money held for whenever they feel like paying it back.

Of course this has been going on for years and there could be a fx – they just don’t want to fix the problem.

Jbird March 5, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I recently moved to Alabama in May 2010 from Pennsylvania. So I had 2 state returns to file. I filed my fed and state returns E-file through HR block with Direct deposit on 1/23/2011. Fed and Pa were accepted within 24 hrs. I recieved my fed return Feb 2 and my Pa return Feb 9. My Alabama return was not even accepted until Feb 14. According to AL status refund website, “return accepted and the ADOR is doing everything it can for a timely issuance of refund”. It is now March 5 and still nothing. Oh and the status on the website just changed this past week even though it was accepted on the 14th of Feb. Only a 2 week delay to change status. Wonder how long the delay when they actually have to give me my money back.

Seinfeld March 5, 2011 at 10:37 pm

I’m due a refund this year. I don’t expect to receive it any time soon. The Great State of Alabama has to wait until they have money in the Education Trust Fund. If in the future I ever owe the state money, I will write them and tell them that due to the recession they will have to wait until money is deposited in my check account before it can be issued. I will also pay 4 percent interest if delayed until after July 15th. I will do unto them the same as they do unto me.

DD March 7, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Ours was sent in 2-15-11 and status as of today has changed. It was being sent to comptroller for issuing of refund. Hopefully soon.

Nicole March 14, 2011 at 7:58 am

Your refund was approved 3/2/2011. Thank you for your patience and please be assured the ADOR is doing everything possible to expedite your refund’s approval and issuance.

This is what I get.

DD March 14, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Still waiting.. Status has changed again. Its has been sent to comptroller for issuing but doesnt metion waiting on funds to be available.

Keith March 14, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Refund approved Feb 11. Status changed Mar. 7 to it being sent to state comptroller for issuance. Status changed again on Mar 11 to my refund being issued on Mar. 15th. It is direct Deposit so we will see if it happens tomorrow.

Lisa March 17, 2011 at 7:47 am

So keith, did it happen? Did you get it?

DD March 16, 2011 at 10:19 am

Hoping tomorrow will be the day they pay out refunds. I think it is either Thurs. or Fri.

David March 21, 2011 at 1:52 pm

DD,
Did your refund get paid? Mine was approved 2/22/11 and has the same status as you stated above. Just curious!
Thanks,

RollingRock March 16, 2011 at 3:30 pm

As of today mine reads… Your refund was approved 2/16/2011. Thank you for your patience and please be assured the ADOR is doing everything possible to expedite your refund’s approval and issuance. …still waiting.

Charlie March 16, 2011 at 6:09 pm

The Great State of Alabama is broke. They are holding off on tax refunds until June when at that time they will have to pay interest. So, in other words the state gave themselves a loan with taxpayers money. Next year I will have to pay a few bucks because I am going to lower my deductions for the remainder of the year. Then I will file my taxes and attach a note. “Taxes owed have been approved. Please be patient I am currently processing your taxes and when money becomes available in my good ol checking account you will received what is due”.

Mharris March 29, 2011 at 6:30 pm

They don’t have to pay interest until July…Sorry for all of us!

Mike March 17, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Submitted tax electronically 2/18, processed from 3/2/11 and finally refund approved 3/15/11…waiting game begins as to when ADOR will have funds to distributes. Maybe after April 15th we will see alot of movement on refunds.

A. Ward March 26, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Have you received your refund yet?

Mike April 25, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Have not received it but checked today and the update now says in 12 days I should get my refund, but they also indicated that it is not guaranteed and could take longer.

RollingRock March 17, 2011 at 2:18 pm

As of today mine reads… sent to comptroller for issuing of refund. It was approved 2/16/2011.

Lisa March 18, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Mine also says your refund was approved 2/16/2011. Thank you for your patience and please be assured the ADOR is doing everything possible to expedite your refund’s approval and issuance.

Charlie March 18, 2011 at 10:46 pm

My tax status on 3/3/11 was Tax was approved to be patient ADOR is doing eveything possible to approve and process you refund.
Today the status changed back to orginal state, Your tax return has been received and is still being processed.
Typical delay tactic…..why don’t they just come out and say, The State of Alabama is broke.

LPS March 21, 2011 at 10:13 am

This will not happen to me next year…. I’m changing my deductions and if I owe them money next year it will be mailed on April 15th and not a day earlier.

Steve March 21, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Like so many others here, the bandit also known as the Alabama Dept. of Revenue has hijacked my refund. I filed my state tax return electronically in January and my status has remained “Refund approved on 02-15-11″ for the last several weeks. I wrote to my worthless state representative to complain and his answer was basically “deal with it, the state is broke.” No wonder we as a State are in the shape we are in. I am changing my witholding so I will owe these thieves next year and I will wait to the last possible minute to pay them.

Tina March 22, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Looks like I should have filed a paper return instead of e-filing! of 92,343 paper refund returns, as of 03/14/2011, 89,310 refunds had been issued, versus 164,794 out of 681,836 electronic returns. I thought e-filing was supposed to be better!

tommy October 11, 2011 at 9:23 am

i also was accepted in feb. spoke with nice lady at 334-242-1099 she told me they thought theyd found a mistake but it was ok id get it soon, lying bitch oct 12th none in sight

Kim March 24, 2011 at 8:07 am

Good News everyone!! I am going to receive my refund Friday March the 25th!! I called the hot line and it said my check was issued and to expect it in 5 days. I called my bank and was told the deposit will go in March 25th. Yay!! I am one of the ones that has been waiting since Feb 17th. Good luck everyone!

CeeCee March 24, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Same here Kim….approve 2/17/11 and will be issued 3/25/11!!! About time!!! (:

DD March 24, 2011 at 8:22 am

No deposit as of yet. The status has changed again to the fact that it was to be issued tomorrow if by direct deposit 5 day wait and if by check 7-10 day wait.

Lisa March 24, 2011 at 11:36 am

DD when my daughters changed to that message it went into her account on that date, and mine also changed to that today, so looks like we may have our money tomorrow!

DD March 25, 2011 at 8:31 am

Hope you got yours as well.

Boston Sean March 24, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Hey guys,

WOW. What a great system Alabama has…… and I thought Massachusetts was corrupt!

Anyways, I checked my status and it’s now saying that a check has been issued and it takes 12 days. I E-filed, approved on 16 February, and have DD. Think it will go in tomorrow (25 March)? Anyone else seen this message before and got their money prior to the 12 day mark?

Again, WOW Alabama……… gotta love the guy who called the state rep and got “deal with it the state’s broke” answer. I’ll try that with all the entities of whom I pay bills to…… guarantee I won’t own my stuff much longer!

Any Baldwin County folk out there? I love the “we need the money for the children” BS. I’m not a parent and don’t care; BUT, my friends who ARE parents are still left providing every school supply for their kid’s classes that the school needs. Where did the HUGE loan the Baldwin County schools took out go??? I can tell you the teachers didn’t get it! Neither did the kids! (a co-worker had to take reams of paper from our office to bring to his kid’s school because they were “out”….PAPER!!!)

Should’ve just moved the 20 mins more to Pensacola!!!!

DD March 25, 2011 at 8:30 am

Got Deposit this morning… It took 4 weeks. Good luck to those still waiting.

RollingRock March 25, 2011 at 8:32 am

02/15/2011 – sent electronically.
02/16/2011 – approved.
03/09/2011 – sent to comptroller for issuing of refund.
03/25/2011 – direct deposit received!!!

Mgaines March 25, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Hi all, where are you getting your dates? I called today and go the message “Refund has been approved and will be issued in the due course of business.” It says on the Alabama site that it has been sent to the comptroller but does not give a date. It was approved on 2/19 according to Turbo Tax. Thanks!

Charlie March 25, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Mgaines, Turbo Tax only gives the date it was accepted by the Revenue Department. State Web site does not provide a date it was sent to comptroller.

Carolyn March 26, 2011 at 11:38 am

I submitted electronically on Feb. 14 (after having to wait due to itemizing deductions). There’s no sign of a refund yet. When I check online, I still get: “Your refund was approved 2/17/2011. Thank you for your patience and please be assured the ADOR is doing everything possible to expedite your refund’s approval and issuance.”

Charlie March 26, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Carolyn……The state is broke. They have to wait until money is available in the States Education Trust Fund. Same story as it has been for the past 3 years. They are stilling from Peter to pay Paul.The bad part about it. If you were to owe money they would demand it right now with penalty and interest. The state will have to start paying interest on refunds in June. So, I suspect they are going to stall refunding taxes until then. That’s interest free money for them.

A. Ward March 26, 2011 at 9:15 pm

my refund was tarnsmitted on 2/14/2011 status changed on 3/3/2011 to approved and it hasn’t changed since then I was so hoping I would have my money by the 1st of April………..

Angel Tyler March 27, 2011 at 12:11 am

Refund approved 2/24/10. Still no refund. If I owe next year, they can just take it out of my refund in 2012. ;-D This state has the most poorly run gov’t I have ever seen. Bring in the casinos and lotteries, so that our schools quit suffering. Those who are gambling are just putting the revenue into GA, MS or FL anyhow. We need to get these corrupt/incompetent officials out and replace them. Do they not run background checks/require education or experience of these people? I am one of the “lucky” citizens of Bham who is paying out the you know what for water. $35 usage, 50 sewer fee. And how about the fact that I forgot to file one tax year, so I filed later on once I’d realized what happened. I got my IRS refund. State, no. They owed me $100, but since it was “too late to file”, I was SOL. How you like them apples?!

Angel Tyler March 27, 2011 at 12:11 am

I meant 2011, lol for approval date.

Mary February 25, 2013 at 10:29 am

Same thing happened to me Angel. I was a self-preparer and did not file my AL return. It was the following year with over $100 owed in refund, but I did not receive it. I didn’t even bother to call about it. If they need $117 that bad that they would rob from the poor AL citizens, then they can keep it. I swear our government needs revamping!!! I agree wholeheartedly about the casinos and lottery. I know we are the Bible belt and all, but there are millions of AL citizens taking potential revenue to neighboring States. Out with our conservative government!! WE NEED MONEY DAMMIT!!!

Bonnie March 27, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Is it me or does it look like from previous comments that the state has only issued refunds twice-once on 2-25 and then again on 3-25? Their web site usually shows refunds issued every 2 weeks but not sure that really means anything.

Johnathan Fortmann July 4, 2011 at 5:08 pm

After studying this posting, I pondered the exact same point that I invariably wonder about when scanning new blogs and forums. Simply what do I take into consideration this? Precisely how ought to it impact me? This and extra posts in your weblog proper here actually give some stuff to look at. I essentially ended up right here via Yahoo when I was very first doing a little internet examine for some course perform that I have. At all times superb occasions looking by means of and I’m hopeful that you’ll carry on writing new posts. Cheers!

Lisa March 28, 2011 at 9:42 am

I finally received my refund via direct deposit to my bank account on 25 March.

I wish they would approve the lottery to help fund the education programs in this state instead of Alabama residents driving to GA and TN (and maybe MS?) to buy lottery tickets.

CeeCee March 28, 2011 at 10:08 am

filed: 2/15/11
approved: 2/17/11
deposit received: 325/11

CeeCee March 28, 2011 at 10:09 am

Received 3/25/11

Charlie March 28, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Accepted 2/16/11
Approved 3/3/11
Nothing as of today

A Ward March 30, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Has your refund status changed, They sent out 200,000 more refunds yesterday and today.

Charlie March 30, 2011 at 9:27 pm

A Ward……..my status hasn’t changed. Where did you find out they sent 200,000 more refunds out?

A Ward March 30, 2011 at 10:01 pm

On Alabama Dept. of revenue site under statistics click on refunds it updated to 200,00 plus more refunds issued today

TASHA T GREEN March 28, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Did anyone have notice that the deposit was going to happen?

Freda March 30, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I had to mail in mine in February. I keep getting the status that says “Your refund has been received, and it is being processed. The processing time varies for each return. You should receive your refund 8 to 12 weeks from today provided you do not owe any taxes”…blah blah blah. This has been the same status for 3 weeks. This is ridiculous!

Freda March 31, 2011 at 9:05 am

Now my status says “The Dept of Rev has approved your refund. Your refund was sent to the state Compt to be issued”.

Freda April 24, 2011 at 8:59 pm

My status says my refund will be issued on April 26 and to allow five days for direct deposit. Mine was approved on 3/30. I paper filed in Feb.

Freda April 26, 2011 at 9:08 am

My refund was deposited today. Mine was approved on March 30. I don’t know what order they’re going in. It can’t be by amount because my refund amount is over $2,300. I will continue praying for those of you who are still waiting.

Carolyn March 30, 2011 at 7:32 pm

My status on the Alabama website changed today. It now says:

“You should receive your refund in approximately 12 days. However, please be aware that this is only an estimate and we cannot guarantee that you will receive your refund within this timeframe.”

I requested electronic deposit, so I hope it really doesn’t take 12 days.

Also, this implies that refunds are sent out at times other than the 25th of the month.

A Ward March 30, 2011 at 9:15 pm

When was your refund approved?

Carolyn March 30, 2011 at 9:28 pm

February 17

Carolyn March 31, 2011 at 7:23 am

I received my refund by direct deposit today.

There was no e-mail from the state to say it was coming.

TASHA T GREEN March 30, 2011 at 10:51 pm

And mine was accepted 2/16, approved 3/9. Still nothing.

TASHA T GREEN March 31, 2011 at 12:16 am

They are making some headway, looks like 2/3 of refunds, paper and efile, have been deposited as of 3/30.

Bonnie March 31, 2011 at 7:17 am

approved 2-17-received today

india March 31, 2011 at 12:19 pm

accepted 2/15
approved 3/2
still nothing today???
does the web site automatically up date??

Travis March 31, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Same Thing as everyone else, accepted on 2/15
Approved 3/3
Still nothing, at first it said processing, now it says we are trying to expedite the process!!!

David March 31, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Follow up to a previous message of mine…

Efiled 2/17/11
Approved 2/22/11
Direct Deposited Today 3/31/11

Good luck to all! It looks like they are getting a bit better! Only waited a month.

Mgaines March 31, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Efiles 2/17, Approved 2/22 deposited today! It looks like they are beginning to deposit the money!

Elizabeth April 3, 2011 at 9:27 am

Thanks to everyone who leaves commnents on this site! Definately helpful.

Dailynn April 5, 2011 at 8:52 am

I filed on 2/20, Alabama accepted it on 2/21, it wasn’t approved until 4/1. Call me crazy but it shouldn’t take over 5 weeks to approve. Wish I was still in Indiana, had to mail my returns to them and still had my refund deposited into my bank 3 weeks later.

Dailynn May 6, 2011 at 10:32 am

Deposited 4/29

A. Ward April 7, 2011 at 11:49 am

If your still looking for your refund like I am It is gonna be awhile longer. I called the state Comptrollers office today, and the Lady told me They aren’t going to issue any refunds that she knows of for this week or next week…….Im tired of waitng it has been 8weeks!

Charlie April 7, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Same old song with the State of Alabama for the past 2 years with late refunds. Now they will wait until right before they have to start paying interest to send out refunds. That’s called a inteest free loan from taxpayers. Don’t expect any refunds until end of May.

Charlie April 10, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I heard they are issuing refunds once a month now due to lack of money in the education trust fund. Being that since January they sent out 500,000 refunds they are only half way there. So basically your looking at June and July time frame.

A. Ward April 13, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I spoke with a person in the comptrollers office and was told they will issue refunds for approval date of 3/1/2011 this week

Rhonda Bean March 14, 2012 at 12:20 pm

How did you get to talk to a person? What # did you call?

Elizabeth April 13, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Darn… mine was approved on 3/2 via electronic filing….maybe I will get lucky Friday

A. Ward April 13, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I said the same thing Elizabeth, mine was approved on 3/3

TASHA T GREEN April 13, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I do see a change as of today, about 16,000 refunds were issued compared to yesterday. Mine was approved 3/9, so hopefully we’re moving on up. It would suck to issue one day of refunds a week :( still no changes on Where’s My Refund either.

Elizabeth April 13, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Try this web link. My return was sent to controller for issuing.

The other “where’s my refund” showed no change…

TASHA T GREEN April 13, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Those 2 links are the same on my end. When I selected where’s my refund, it redirected me to that site. I heard the phone is more accurate, from someone’s previous posts here or another site.

Charlie April 13, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Still waiting…Filed Feb, been in approved status since 3/3. Sent to comptroller for issue 3 weeks ago. Still in same status on Alabama MAP link.

TASHA T GREEN April 13, 2011 at 6:24 pm

1-800-558-3912

Kevin April 13, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Well I finally did my part. We owed the state less than $50 and finally paid it when we efiled last week.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting. Kind of unbelievable!

Charlie April 13, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Called the hotline to see if the status there was any different. They said refund has been approved and will be issued in due course of business…..good bye. Well, wonder what the due course of business is for State Employees???

Elizabeth April 15, 2011 at 8:19 am

E-filed 2/28
Approved 3/3
Deposited 4/15

Good job.. Last year I paper filed and did not get it until June.

A. Ward April 15, 2011 at 8:32 am

Efiled 2/16
Approved 3/3
still waiting……………

A Ward April 18, 2011 at 1:33 pm

well it says I will have my money tomorrow YAH!!!

india April 18, 2011 at 1:36 pm

where did it say that A Ward and when was it updated??

Amanda April 18, 2011 at 1:40 pm

It updated today on ADOR.com wheres my refund on their site page

india April 18, 2011 at 1:47 pm

ohhh ok…mine now says it was issued and i will get it in 12 days….really?? 12 days?

india April 18, 2011 at 1:14 pm

accepted on 2/15
approved on 3/3
nothing yet…..
maybe this week!

Rick April 18, 2011 at 1:16 pm

approved 2/17 and nothing yet……

how is it the people that were approved long after us have already received their money??

Lisa April 18, 2011 at 7:48 pm

I e-filed on 2/28 and received my deposit on 4/14.

Rick April 18, 2011 at 7:54 pm

I e-filed too on Feb 13th, approved 2/17…..nothing. why?

Anita April 19, 2011 at 9:45 am

Efiled: 3/12
Accepted: 3/14
Approved and sent to Comptroller for issue: 04/14
Direct deposited: NOT YET

Rkaye April 20, 2011 at 11:24 am

Do you think the amount you are to receive has anything to do with the “when” you get your money?

Charlie April 20, 2011 at 1:10 pm

I think the amount has something to do with it. I suspect that they are paying out the smaller refunds faster to clear up backlog. And due to shortage of funds that puts larger refunds on the backburner. The also stalled refunds waiting for payments to come in from folks that owed money.

Cscott April 21, 2011 at 9:51 am

This is totally ridiculous!!! I retired from the military and became a citizen of Alabama last year! Same as everyone else I have been waiting on my refund for months! I filed fed with an injured spouse form and still got my money back already!! I think we can complain on here as much as we want but I agree with everyone else I think it’s time we call the tv stations and demand a report and start a boycott on taxes everyone in the state should change how they file even to the point of owing a few dollars at the end of the year and then hold it until just before interest is due. Force them to legalize gambling. I can’t stand politicians dirtiest crooks ever and somehow we vote them to represent us every year instead of good ol John boy down the road. Turn Nama on it’s head and vote in all blue collar folk next round

TASHA T GREEN April 21, 2011 at 9:53 am

TV stations have done a report. The state isn’t going to pay us until they have to pay interest. Watch and see. I’ve already changed my withholding. They get nothing more from me.

TASHA T GREEN April 24, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Filed 2/15, Approved 3/9, Going to be deposited 4/26

Charlie April 24, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Approved on 3/3/11……..still nothing

Rusty April 26, 2011 at 8:27 am

My refund showed up yesterday afternoon!

Submitted 3/22 via Taxslayer, approved 3/23, Funds received 4/25. Took about a month, which is much better than last year. Filed around 4/10 and got my refund AT THE END OF JULY!!!!!

Mike April 26, 2011 at 10:05 am

Good day today….received my refund.

Electronically filed on 2/18/11
Accepted on 3/2/11
Approved on 3/15/11
Deposited on 4/26/11

Good luck everyone and keep posting, it does help the others who are not as lucky as us.

Charlie April 26, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Filed Feb – Approved 3 March – Refund processed today 4-26 allow 5 days for direct deposit or 7-10 days for check. Good luck to all still waiting.

kelly May 13, 2011 at 1:29 pm

I feel I am at the bottom.
Filed 04/18/11
accepted 04/19/11
online status – sent to controller
Phone status – will be paid in the due course of business.
Ha ha ha.

Debbie June 5, 2011 at 4:34 pm

filed 4/18/11
accepted 4/19/11
6/5/11 – online status & phone status: Your returned has been received and is being processed. You should receive your refund within 8-12 weeks from today.

Debbie June 15, 2011 at 1:35 pm

update 6/15/11 – Your refund was approved 6/7/2011. Thank you for your patience and please be assured the ADOR is doing everything possible to expedite your refund’s approval and issuance.

Lisa June 17, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Really, is there anything that can be done about this because this is absurd? I’ve been waiting months to get less than a 100 dollars, and I need it so I can close a bank account. Right now, I’m having to pay to wait for that money. I’m so pissed.

Alan September 21, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I Paper filed my 40NR on 2/9/11 and mailed the next day. I have checked the IVR and Web page several times over the months. It says “Your tax return is being processed” and the IVR says to expect four to twelve weeks. Since it had been much longer than 12 weeks I found a contact number and spoke to a live person (334 242-1099).

I was told my return is there but had been overlooked. The nice lady on the phone reviewed my return and said it is now approved. However, since the end of the fiscal year is approaching she could not indicate when my check would be mailed or when they would begin mailing checks in the new fiscal year.

This is not a “gripe” post. I just wanted to share so that anyone else out there that is still waiting may want to call the number.

If you have moved to another state but had AL income in 2010 your return may also have been “overlooked”.

Alan December 14, 2011 at 5:28 pm

I did finally get my refund in October after calling (334 242-1099) and it did include interest. Hang in there FID.

FID December 13, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I filed my return in March and have not got my refund yet. The hotline has been telling me the same thing since April…it’s been received and is currently being processed and to expect my return in 8 to 12 weeks. Well, it has been way over 12 weeks. I wonder if they plan on paying me interest or if they plan on acutally depositing my refund before Dec. 31st?

Samantha February 2, 2012 at 2:39 pm

If you rely on your refunds to pay your bills, then you don’t know how to handle money very well. When my refund comes it comes and that will be fine, if it takes some time fine, I have 80K in savings and I only make 74000 a year. Manage your money.

Brandon February 9, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Samantha,
No one cares how much you make a year nor how much money is in your savings. Manage your mouth.

VH February 14, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Samantha, I am usually a very kind person who works hard every day, getting paid very little, even with a Master’s Degree. I am also a mommy, which is my favorite job. I love animals and my life and have never wished harm on anyone…ever! But, you are my exception. I truly hope you lose your job ONLY making $74,000 per. Yes, I know that seems petty and mean, but your comments to these kind people who are just seeking answers has shocked me. Keep your sarcastic and condescending comments to yourself!!

Rhonda Bean March 14, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Sometimes people walk through hard times.
If you haven’t … then you have a lot to be thankful for.
But … don’t judge people on money skills until you walk a mile in their shoes. I know a person that totally manages … but … has had to take on some repsonsibilties they were not counting on and now it takes every penny just to survive. Be careful not to judge.

indiac February 13, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Has anyone gotten their refund back this year? 2012

Tasha February 13, 2012 at 2:32 pm

7th

indiac February 14, 2012 at 8:38 am

You got yours back on the 7th? if so when was it accepted or approved? mine was approve on the 2/1/12

Tasha February 14, 2012 at 8:39 am

25th. I actually got state back before fed, and that never happens

Stephanie Carter February 13, 2012 at 4:03 pm

@Samantha, you have this..you have that..job, income, and imply that you are financially stable yet there ia a gaping hole in your story. I am financially stable because my home is a business as far as my money is concerned. If you were so smart with money, you would worry about every nickel that is owed to you. When your refund is delayed, that agency IS stealing from you having earned a large amount of interest before you receive YOUR refund. If you are overpaying, maybe re-adjust the withholding would help. But if you owe them money given the exact same circumstances, you WILL PAY penalties and interest, you will have your property seized if you dont pay. So its a one way street..they steal from you but even an innocent oversight on your part can cost you your first born. So what im saying is before you start jydging people on their money maybe you should inquire and learn something instead of rubbing your b.s. in their face. I do not care if the govnt owes me .50 or a $1 refund. They owe it to me and I want it rught now! Anything less is financially negligent and will cause your home to go bankrupt.

Stephanie Carter February 13, 2012 at 4:21 pm

I filed State of Al on 021. The taxes were acknowledged on 02/06. The msg I got on or about 02/08 says they were approved and sent to the state comptroller to be issued. Today is Feb 13th so I called the 800 # which says the refund will be issued in the due course of business. I have no idea what those.messages mean because what is a comptroller and how can I contact that guy? What is the due course of business? Let me say that I do want my $462.00 because I literally overpaid them and that is my money.. I will update as I am updated. P.s. I filed form 40 electronically.

VH February 14, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Stephanie, I received the same message today as you did yesterday.
I also will update as I can.
My return was efiled on 1/30/12 and approved on 2/8/12. On the website, it states the refund has been approved and sent to the state comptroller. The 800 number states that the refund will be issed in the due course of business. This “due course of business’ has, in the past, ended up to last over a month.
I hope that is not the case this year for us!

Stephanie Nelson February 22, 2012 at 1:16 pm

VH, still nothing. Same old routine as before. I got federal on the 15th. No change however w Alabama. At one point I checked the statistics and it said that over 300,000 refunds have been received and I think it was about 160,00 had been sent out. This state sucks. One time I owed them something like $850.00 after they audited me. They didnt notify me of their intent to garnish. When I got them on the phone, the taxes were from where my EX didnt turn in a 1099. I got the bill for it of course. Heres the big deal….I asked them why.the hell they dixnt contact me. They said, we didnt have a forwarding address or number. I said but, you knew I still worked at the same job obviously?? Lady says yes we have a comprehensive way to determine whether a person is employed or not… I said..hummm comprehensive? Lady how comprehensive is it that I too work for the f’n State of Alabama?????? We.have the same comprehensive employer…!!!!!! I worked for the state as a Probation as an officer.

indiac February 15, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Have you gotten your state refund back yet?

Stephanie Nelson February 29, 2012 at 8:19 am

I received my state refund this past Monday, Feb. 27..strangely Monday morning it was in the bank. 27 days to receive from date of filing. Thats not too bad, but when you are waiting on it and cant get an answer until two days before it gets to you then that is too long.

Charlie February 14, 2012 at 7:17 pm

“Due course of business” means the state is waiting for money to become available in the “Education Trust Fund” before issuing a refund. Bottom line is the State of Alabama is broke and has to wait for people that owe taxes to pay before they can pay out refunds. Same ol’ steal from Peter to pay Paul mentality.

Jean February 27, 2012 at 12:58 pm

You’re right. After getting refunds the last several years, each taking longer (without interest) than the year before, I am one of the people that is paying their taxes 4/16/12 (4/15 is a Sunday). By holding refunds for so long, the state has made sure that people will pay any money owed in April instead of overpaying and getting a refund in October.

indiac February 15, 2012 at 8:29 am

mine has been saying approved on 2/1/12 and will be processed in the due course of business…..today it changed to has been received and is being processed…why did it change??

Stephanie Nelson February 29, 2012 at 8:19 am

I wasn’t sure if you got yours yet or not. Mine came this past Monday. Good luck. Fingers crossed yours has arrived.

Riisey February 16, 2012 at 8:09 am

Mine accepted after a week of waiting on Feb 6, online it says “accepted and sent to state comptroller”" but over the phone it says accepted and will be sent in the due course of business”, Other online site says “Your refund was approved 2/6/2012. Thank you for your patience and please be assured the ADOR is doing everything possible to expedite your refund’s approval and issuance.” Alabama is so backwards, they could give a date at least. My problem is 2 years ago they let me know I owed them from 5 years back, I have moved so when they found me and sent the letter, they had already started the process of garnishment of my wages. They took 300.00 per pay period 600.00 per month until they got their money in full which was only 3 months because they took so much, I am a single parent and when I called for it to be reduced they sent me the paperwork and deliberately didn’t respond to my calls until I only had 2 payments left and they declined to reduce the payment because of this. They are full of crap and now that they owe me I have to wait. I wish I could garnish the state of Alabama, where is my D*** money!!! Last year it took months for only a couple of hundred dollars. Good luck everybody and remember if you owe hurry and pay because Alabama revenue is shady.

Stephanie Nelson February 29, 2012 at 8:21 am

Riisey, I filed on the 1st of Feb and got my refund from the State on Monday the 27th. I hope and pray you get yours too. I am a single parent of two teenagers so it was very much appreciated when I did receive it. Good luck to you.

Riisey February 16, 2012 at 8:24 am

@ Samantha, did it feel real good to you to find this site and then make a very juvenile decision to post such nonsense, so what we are complaining, this is a healthy outlet and a way for others to communicate as well. I have a good job, am a single parent, college educated, I have a 401k plan, and I give to charity. Do I want my refund YES maam I do!! My refund contributes to my household so before you get all high& mighty about what you have, think first!!people just may want what is owed to them. If you want to kindly give me my refund in defense of the state please let me know.

Charlie February 16, 2012 at 8:02 pm

I waiting for the day when I owe the Great State of Alabama. I have a tax refund check from 1979 for $1.79. Whenever, I do owe I’ll endorse that check back over to Alabama. Note: Back in 1979 they did not print “Not valid over 90 days” So, therfore the check should still be valid. I may also, write and tell them that the balance will be pain in due course of time.

India February 21, 2012 at 7:46 am

The where’s my refund page says my refund has been issued….says it will take 12 days???? Has anyone else seen this message? If so did it take 12 days?

WheresMyMoney February 23, 2012 at 2:14 pm

India, when did you file your return? Mine was file 2/6, but website only says it’s been approved, not issued like yours.

Still No Refund February 27, 2012 at 5:30 pm

My taxes were filed and accepted on 2/2/12, but I still haven’t received my refund. The website says it is in “received” status.

WheresMyMoney February 28, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Filed/accepted 2/6. Refund was direct deposited 2/27.

tinarena March 22, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Wow! You were lucky. Mine was accepted just a short 3 days later, and I am still waiting on them to process it. Guess I should have moved a little faster….

Ray February 28, 2012 at 7:31 pm

So, WheresMyMoney has it at 21 days. That’s better than my record with Alabama. The best I’ve had is AL only 30 days behind the feds. I’m supposed to get my fed refund this year tomorrow.

year filed Fed Ref. AL Ref.
2008 09 Mar none 16 Jul (VA Ref. 23 Mar)
2009 08 Mar 16 Mar 26 May
2010 01 Feb 23 Feb 25 Mar
2011 19 Feb 29 Feb ?????

Stephanie Nelson February 29, 2012 at 8:28 am

I filed mine on Feb 1st and it was in the bank Feb 27th. It seems like forever though when you can barely get an acknowledgement that the state has it at all. It was Friday, Feb. 24th that I was able to see online that it would be deposited on Monday. On midnight going into Monday it was in the bank. I was surprised because Sunday isn’t a banking day and … I dunno. It was there Monday morning. I hope this update will help yall gauge when yours will be here.
Summary of State of AL:
>>>>I filed the taxes, it took 6 days to get an acknowledgment from the State of AL.
>>>>On about the 8th day, the msg said, it has been accepted and sent to the state comptroller to be issued.
>>>>That was the case until Feb 24th when I received a msg that it “was direct deposited into my account on Feb 27th” although that date wasn’t here yet, that is what the msg said online.
>>>Monday morning as promised the money was in my account.

Tommy March 13, 2012 at 2:27 pm

You are lucky, I would have no issue with recieving my refund by Feb. 27th.

MICHELLE March 7, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Filed electronically on 2/9/12. Today is 3/7/12 and still have not received refund, Where’s my refund states “Your refund has been approved and sent to the State Comptoller for issuance” How do we get hold of the State Comptroller and find out when they are sending us our money?

MICHELLE March 8, 2012 at 7:39 am

3/8/12 still no direct deposit.

Eli March 9, 2012 at 7:50 am

Yeah, Michelle I am not sure what is going on with Alabama. I have been checking this site for weeks. Some people are getting there’s 3 weeks after it has been accepted. I filed on 2/1, it was accepted on 2/9, and I have not gotten mine either. I don’t think it is a first in first out method, or I should have mine based on other e-filers on this website. Knowing AL, there is probably 1 person in charge of this who is sitting at a desk and mad they have to work. In due time, i guess….

MICHELLE March 9, 2012 at 8:29 am

3/9/12 still nothing – nothing has changed on “Where’s my Refund” nor on the 800 #.

Tony March 10, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I filed a paper return and they received it February 7. I have had the same on-line message (“Sent to the comptroller for payment”) since February 10. Still no direct deposit.

Linda March 10, 2012 at 7:39 am

I would much rather help my state a little by loaning my money than to have to worry about how much income tax I will owe at the end of the year and how I would pay it.

I had to travel with my husband in the military for many years, as the old saying goes “YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE UNTIL ITS GONE” When we started home the closer I got the more beautiful it became. We are blessed to be Alabanians!!!!!!!

“AMERICAN BY BIRTH BUT SOUTHERN ONLY BY THE GRACE OF GOD!!!”

Jean April 3, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I used to feel the same way, until it took until August to get my refund last year–without interest. This year, I owe some money, and will mail the check 4/16/12. I already got my federal refund.
If the state would pay in a reasonable time frame, people may be more willing to give an interest free loan during the year.

Tommy March 13, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Filed electronically in January. Recieved email from H&R Block that Fed was accepted on Feb 4th. Recieved email from H&R Block that state was accepted on Feb 9th. State website says my refund was approved on Feb 15th and they are doing everything possible to expedite my refunds approval and issuance. Their hotline says they are “experiencing technical difficulties” What a crock. Why even have a “where’s my refund” feature if it is mostly useless. Just put a generic timeline up on your site and be done with it.

diana March 13, 2012 at 7:33 pm

We moved out of the state about 1 1/2 yrs ago and the great company we drive for..haha.. didn’t change my husbands w4 like we thought so we had to file Al taxes again this yr..they owe us $865 was approved on 2/23 still waiting for it to b deposited …. glad I don’t have to deal with AL next year

MICHELLE March 14, 2012 at 10:28 am

3/14/12 – Still nothing. Website and 800 # still give the same message.

Still No Refund March 14, 2012 at 10:55 am

My taxes were filed and accepted on 2/2/12, but after a month and a half the Alabama website still says it is in “received” status. Has anyone else had this problem? How can it still be in received status after 42 days?

Rhonda Bean March 14, 2012 at 12:12 pm

It seems we are all getting the same message.
It has been since Feb. 7th for us … still waiting for the comptroller to take care of it. Well … I think it has been long enough. Then … to beat all … I called the 1-800 # an d it says it has no record of us (?)
How do you get a person?

Alabama is stealing our money March 15, 2012 at 9:50 am

I e-filed Feb 14 2012 and was accepted that day…..recieved my federal refund in 10 days direct deposited. My Alabama refund was “sent to the State Comptroller to be issued” on February 23rd 2012……where is my money Alabama !! It is now March 15th 2012…..I want my refund and I expect that pitiful stat of Alabama to pay me interest on it…….this is ridiculous and I will be doing everything in my power to depart this worthless backwards state as rapidly as possible……I HATE ALABAMA AND ITS REDNECK POLITICIANS !!

MICHELLE March 16, 2012 at 10:59 am

3/15/12 – nothing has changed on refunds on the Alabama Revenue sight since 3/7/12. Still no refund received.

Eli March 16, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I Still haven’t gotten mine either. Accepted on 2-1 and approved and sent to comptroller on 2-9. I called the comptroller’s office and they told me that they have paid everyone who has been approved throught 2-8. She informed me they are waiting for funds to become available through the alabama educational fund. I can’t believe they are taking money out of education to pay our refunds. Is this correct?

Eli March 16, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Oh yeah, and if anyone else wants to call the number is (334) 242-7063. keep calling until they pay us!

The Dodges March 19, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Thanks, Eli for the number. We called them this morning and got the same answer. Ours was approved on 2-13, and they said that there are two registers of people to do before us. They also said that there’s no way to give us any kind of estimated time frame. So, it could be another two weeks or another two months. Very frustrating.

MICHELLE March 21, 2012 at 9:47 am

As of today they have now issued $179,419 in direct deposit refunds. The last update was on 3/6/12 for $168,546. So they have issued a little over $10,000 in direct deposits. I wonder if we will get ours this Friday?

Babs March 21, 2012 at 11:57 am

I prefer not to pay any taxes. However, If I must it should be used wisely. I am also waiting on my refund and for the past 4 weeks I have gotten that same message about the comptroller’s office. The funny thing about it is no one in that office can ever tell you when you might expect to receive your return. One year I had friends who didn’t get their refunds until late October. How ridiculous! When you owe them you don’t get the luxury of waiting to pay them months later unless you make arrangements and then you are penalized with interest. Where is the fairness in this?

Babs March 21, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I just spoke to meone in the State Comptroller office who stated today they are Processing March 10, 13, 14 and 15 today. Mine was approval and received by them on 2/23 and I shouldn’t expect to receive for another 4 weeks. This is hogwash! I am only a small portionof what I paid and i can’t get that back. Why must Alabama be so backwards in everything they do? If you are still waiting on your refund call 334-242-7063 everyday all day.

MICHELLE March 21, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Babs,

Hopefully you mean Feb (not March) 10,13,14,15. Mine was efiled on 2/10/12. Maybe I will get mine this week

Nita March 21, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I called this morning and a gentleman told me they were processing taxes from 10, 13-15 of Feb and I should expect to receive it by Wednesday. So we will see.

MICHELLE March 21, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Nita,

Does that mean they are sending out the driect deposits today?

Nita March 22, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I assume he was talking about this week because I received mine today.

Joshua March 21, 2012 at 5:04 pm

They are processing approximately 5 days every 3-4 weeks. Therefore, if your refund was approved on the Feb/20th you can expect it in 4 weeks and if one was approved on the Feb/25th expect 8 more weeks. This information came from the individual answering the number provided above. YUK!

Michelle March 22, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Alabama “Where’s my Refund” now says my $$ will be deposited on March 23, 2012. Woo Hoo!

Eli March 22, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I filed on 2/1, accepted on 2/6, approved and sent to comptroller on 2/9, and I just got my Refund today. Keep calling the number I posted above, I think it helps to put pressure on them. How I see it, The more people that bug them at the office, the more motivated they will be to pay these out.

Good luck to all!

tinarena March 22, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Has anyone gotten a status of suspended on the My alabama Taxes website? If I go to Where’s My Refund or call the hotline, it says my refund is processing and will take 8-12 weeks to process. But for the last 6 weeks, when I log into my MAT account, it shows the return as suspended. I emailed them about it when I first saw it, and was told it means it is still processing, but I am not convinced. No one else has reported that issue, and others who filed when I did (received 02/09/2012) have since gotten their refund.

Nita March 22, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I filed on the 9th of Feb and they approved it on the 13th of Feb and I received my refund today!! :)

Dee March 23, 2012 at 7:26 am

We are out of state filers and mailed our return in late January. We received a notice in the mail that the return was missing a signature and that if it was not received by a certain date that it was possible we would forfeit the return. (Tinarena, you may want to ensure this is not your case).

Our return was accepted Feb 23.
Today MAT states that our refund has been issued.

MICHELLE March 23, 2012 at 8:03 am

Direct Deposit was received today March 23, 2012. Return was accepted and sent to the State Comptroller February 10, 2012. Good luck to everyone who has not received their refund yet.

Jean April 18, 2012 at 9:45 am

I used to overpay on purpose, and didn’t mind giving an interest free loan for a year, as long as I got my refund in a timely manner. Unfortunately, the state takes longer each year to send out refunds, so I set my withholdings to minimize any refund amount, and I sent the state tax payment last night. For this year, I will try to reduce the tax owed even more, but I will still send the payment on the due date.
Hopefully, some of you can get your money now that I have sent mine in. Good luck.
PS: If the state paid their bills on time like the rest of us, tax payers may be willing to do interest free loans. Since they don’t know or can’t understand this, people are going to try to get as close to zero as possible, but owe money over getting a refund. And payment will be made on the due date. I also found that you can file federal and state returns on different dates depending on how you file, so you could receive your federal refund within 30 days of the filing date, and pay the state tax on 4/15/12, or in this case, 4/17/12.

Not upset April 18, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I’ve been following the post and decided to contact the number i saw in someones post (334-242-7063). I talked to someone in the comptroller dept and she stated they just cut checks for the ones approved on Mar 1st. I was just approved on April 16th so, i dont anticipate mine for another month of two…(:

Jessica May 14, 2012 at 1:05 pm

I HATE this state!! I filed my return in Feb 2012. They didn’t approve until 4/24. I just called the State Comptroller’s office to be told they are out of money and don’t know when my refund will be issued.

WTF?!?! Does anyone know what can be done???

Jessica May 14, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Just emailed the State Comptroller. Here is what he responded with:
“Be advised that this office has paid through April 17th approvals for both EFTs and paper check registers from the Alabama Department of Revenue.

Tax refunds can only be paid from the Education Trust Fund which receives all individual income tax payments as well as corporate, sales and use tax. The major segments of Education supported by the Education Trust Fund are K-12, Trade Schools, 2 year Junior Colleges and 4 year Institutions in addition to individual and corporate refunds.

The Alabama Department of Revenue processes tax returns and approves refunds much faster than the State has cash to pay refunds from available tax revenues. This is due to the economic downturn since 2008 and month to month revenue fluctuations. The Department of Revenue receives and processes tax revenue payments on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis as received based on legal filing dates. Insufficient cash balances result in a backlog of refunds not paid. All refunds will be paid as soon as funds are available in the order approved by the Revenue Department. Unfortunately, neither I nor anyone else can promise a specific date with any degree of certainty as to when you may receive your tax refund.

Thomas L. White, Jr., CPA (inactive)
State Comptroller
Alabama Department of Finance
Office of the State Comptroller – RSA Union
100 North Union Street, Suite 220
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
Telephone: 334-242-7050
Fax: 334-242-2440
tom.white@comptroller.alabama.gov

Denise May 31, 2012 at 7:40 am

I guess I win…two years ago we received our refund that was approved in April by November! For 5k, they only paid $14 in interest! How does that work?? Then last year, we were paid in August…still processing ours from this year. Someone needs to introduce legislation that requires the state to release funds, process returns and pay stiff penalties if theydo not! It is done to us…fair play!

Denise July 3, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Approved june 18, still waiting…Tom White sends out the same blanket excuse, but did say as of last week they had paid up through May 29th.

Denise July 5, 2012 at 7:53 am

As of July 3rd, they have paid out those approved by June 14th, hopefuuly they will hit my 18th this next week!